How To Get a Free Auto Insurance Quote 2023
A free auto insurance quote may typically be obtained quickly and easily online, via phone, or by dealing directly with an insurance broker. Whichever approach you decide on, the Insurance Information Institute (III) advises that you obtain quotations from at least three different insurers to get a good picture of coverage possibilities and prices.
You’ll probably need to submit the following information in order to obtain a free vehicle insurance quote:
- Driver’s license number
- The car’s make, model, year
- Social security number(s) for each driver on the policy
- The vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Vehicle safety and security features, such as anti-lock brakes or a GPS device that can track your car if it’s stolen
- Current mileage, also referred to as the odometer reading
- Where you park your car, such as in a garage or on the street
- Estimate of how many miles you drive annually
- Desired coverage levels and deductible amounts
- Whether you own the car outright, are financing it, or are leasing it
Getting Quotes Online vs Over the Phone
Free online car insurance quotes are quick and simple, but they might not accurately reflect your final cost. During the online quote process, not every insurer gathers the same data. The estimate you receive might not be very accurate if the insurer doesn’t ask for your Social Security number, VIN, or driver’s license number. Similar to that, online quotes occasionally fail to account for any discounts for which you might qualify.